Run hundreds of new, previously impossible Apps! Includes several new sensors and bluetooth to make your smartphone smarter.
Sensordrone is a sensor computer. Just like a computer can run many different applications, Sensordrone can run many sensor applications. If you have a Sensordrone, you can run apps on your tablet or smartphone to monitor carbon monoxide and air quality, find gas leaks, measure your child’s temperature, log the weather, and much more.
For example, apps using the capacitance sensor can work as a stud finder, a proximity monitor, or a liquid level monitor. Apps using the pressure sensor can work as a barometer, an altimeter, calculate elevation differences so you can measure the height of a building, be hooked up to a pressure cuff to work as a blood pressure monitor, and more. Humidity sensing is not just for weather, it determines comfort level for infants, finds the optimum conditions for storing foods, and could even help prevent mold from growing in your home.
Sensordrone will initially support Android 2.2 (Froyo) and later with shipments starting this Fall. Bluetooth 2.1 and 4.0 will be supported for Android. iOS support will be available for devices with Bluetooth 4.0, i.e. iPhone 4S & iPad (3rd Generation). Support for iPhone will trail Android by ~2 months.
Data Sharing Apps/Pachube Support
Sensordrone is an open platform for all kinds of sensor and bluetooth peripheral device apps. Every app shown in this project will be available for free. Many new apps are under development, like data sharing apps so you can combine sensor data with smartphone capabilities and share on Google+, Facebook, etc. Support will be available for data recording sites like Pachube.
- Air quality
- Breath alcohol
- Color matching
- Non-contact thermometer
- Weather monitoring
- Crowd sourced Sensor Data
- Games (totally new concepts)
- Flatulence (use gas sensors for both serious and not so serious measurements)
- Totally new applications/Multi-sensor mayhem!
- Precision Electrochemical Gas Sensor – Calibrated for Carbon Monoxide (Also can be used for precision measurements of Alcohol, Hydrogen, and others)
- Gas Sensor for Oxidizing Gases – MOS type for Chlorine, Ozone, Nitrogen Dioxide, etc.
- Gas Sensor for Reducing Gases – (MOS type for methane, Propane, alcohols, other hydrocarbons, etc.)
- Temperature – Simple resistance temperature sensor type
- Pressure – can be used for Barometer, Altimeter, Blood Pressure, etc.
- Non-Contact Thermometer – Infrared sensor for scanning object temperature
- Proximity Capacitance – fluid level, intrusion detection, stud finder & more applications
- Red Color Intensity
- Green Color Intensity
- Blue Color Intensity
- Illumination – combine RGB & illumination for color matching
- Digital & Analog Interface – Expansion connector for connecting anything you want to your mobile device through the Sensordrone
Expansion Modules – Connect Anything to Sensordrone
Anybody can connect any device/hardware project to the Sensordrone via a standard 0.1” pitch header, supports digital (RS-232, I2C) and analog signals. This makes Sensordrone an “Easy Bluetooth Interface” for your project. First for Android, then for iOS and other platforms. Some external expansion modules are being made that will connect to the expansion connector, e.g. a complete air quality monitor for precision measurements of Carbon Dioxide (CO2), Carbon Monoxide (CO), Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) & Ozone (O3).