Through an independently-run consortium of technology innovators, industrial companies, academia and government, the goal of the IIC is to accelerate the development and availability of intelligent industrial automation for the public good.
IIC Overview: An interview with Dr. Richard Soley, Executive Director
Current scope of activities:
- Deliver best practices, reference architectures, case studies and standards requirements to ease deployment of connected technologies
- Utilize existing and creating new industry use cases and test beds for real-world applications
- Influence the global standards development process for Internet and industrial systems
- Facilitate open forums to share and exchange real-world ideas, practices, lessons, and insights
- Build confidence around new and innovative approaches to security.
Joining the Industrial Internet Consortium:
By joining the Industrial Internet Consortium, you can:
- Influence the requirements development, technology adoption, standards development process and future direction of the Industrial Internet by joining with leaders in technology, manufacturing, academia and the government on working committees to capture requirements and priorities
- Participate in selected research projects and test beds
- Have a role in creating best practices, patterns, use cases and standards roadmaps and other deployable content of the Industrial Internet
- Network with industry innovators to create and develop critical new business collaborations
- Minimize risk by keeping up with technology developments
- Gain industry recognition for yourself and your company through speaking engagements, roundtable participation, publishing venues and more.